Saturday, March 17, 2012

Prayer and Riding a Harley:  Motorcycle riding is very conducive to a great time of prayer.  The wind in your face, the scent of spring in the air and the constant noise of the engine block out the normal distractions and you can be alone in your thoughts.

I wonder how much distraction we find in the world.  The constant noise of media pulls our thoughts in one direction or another.  The constant pressure to do more with less.  All of these keep us from being able to be still and know that God is present.

It's ironic that a Harley is considered noisy and distracting.  However, the white nose leaves a silence in the mind through which God can speak encouraging me to examine my life, my ministry and my calling.  No matter where it is, I think everyone needs to find  a place where you can be deaf to the world around you so God's still small voice can speak to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment